9. August 1940
Summoned to Brandenburg on Havel
|GEO & MIL INFO|
|4. (MG.)Ers.Kp./Inf.-Ers.-Batl. 68|
|Division No. 153||Wehrkreiskommando III||Chef d. Heeresrüstung u. Befh. d. Ersatzheeres|
|DivCdr: LtGen Otto Schröder||Cdr: Gen d Kav Franz Freiherr von Dalwigk zu LichtenfelsWP||Chief and Cdr: ColGen FrommWP|
On 9 August 1940, I enlisted as a sergeant in the 4th (Weapons) Replacement Company of Infantry Regiment 68 in Brandenburg on Havel. It is the same barracks where I did my exercises. I move into a single room on the third floor. Since nothing is happening yet – it is Saturday afternoon (or Sunday afternoon?) – I make a sudden decision to return to Berlin. It was not homesickness. I do not know that. I have never been homesick in my life. Was it perhaps longing for the Wannsee? I am back in the evening.
Detailed to Galicia
Now two months of barracks service follow, until one day a new order reaches me: Detailed into the field!
Editorial 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 Epilog Anhang
January February March April May June July August September October November December Eine Art Bilanz Gedankensplitter und Betrachtungen Personen Orte Abkürzungen Stichwort-Index Organigramme Literatur Galerie:Fotos,Karten,Dokumente
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31.
Erfahrungen i.d.Gefangenschaft Bemerkungen z.russ.Mentalität Träume i.d.Gefangenschaft
Personen-Index Namen,Anschriften Personal I.R.477 1940–44 Übersichtskarte (Orte,Wege) Orts-Index Vormarsch-Weg Codenamen der Operationen im Sommer 1942 Mil.Rangordnung 257.Inf.Div. MG-Komp.eines Inf.Batl. Kgf.-Lagerorganisation Kriegstagebücher Allgemeines Zu einzelnen Zeitabschnitten Linkliste Rotkreuzkarte Originalmanuskript Briefe von Kompanie-Angehörigen
- ↑ The barracks of Fusilier Regiment No. 35 were used by this regiment until 1919, the cuirassier barracks, by the Cavalry Regiment No. 3, until 1920. Then the police school of Greater Berlin moved into both barracks. In 1934 it was transformed into the Police Regiment "Kurmark". This and the Infantry Regiment 8 formed the Infantry Regiment 68 from 15 October 1935 (uncovering of the units and expansion of Reichswehr into Wehrmacht after regaining military sovereignty). The main guardhouse and garages shown here were built between 1934 and 1936. Infantry Regiment 68 and its Replacement and Reserve Battalions used both barracks until 1945. During the American air raids on 31 March and 20 April 1945, more than two thirds of the infantry barracks were destroyed and not rebuilt; the cuirassier barracks were damaged but repaired and now serve the Brandenburg Technical University.
- ↑ 4. (Machine Gun) Replacement Company, Infantry Replacement Battalion 68 (acc. Soldbuch; acc. diary „of Infantry Regiment 68“); see also Ist and IInd Replacement Battalion, Infantry Regiment 68 which formed Ist und IInd Battalion, Infantry Regiment 477, on mobilisation.
- ↑ today Technical University Brandenburg
- ↑ 9 August 1940 was a Friday.